Important Information for Everyone!
- As you may see under the "directions" link, our wedding is to be held at George Wyth State Park on June 3, 2006. We have reserved a shelter area as well as a lodge for the wedding events. In case of rain, we will all (children included) huddle inside the lovely lodge. It will be cozy, but we will make do and have a great wedding story, to boot, especially with the dogs. Oh, lord, the dogs.
On Sunday, the day after the wedding, we will be enjoying a brunch at (TBA). All guests are welcome to come share our first breakfast as a married couple and to see us off into the future.
There is no dress code. This whole thing is outside and it might be hot. Where whatever the heck y'all want. Shorts, clown outfit, birthday suit - whatever you are comfortable in we're cool with. (as long at it's not zombie skin)
- Rain in June isn't so bad. But, if it does rain there is a shelter and inside area at the same site that we will hold the reception and wedding in. You might get wet anyway, and you'll definately have to make friends with your neighbor, but that's not so bad. Rains sounds cool in a tent anyway.
- During the actual ceremony, all children not in the wedding party will be cared for at a nearby play area within the park. This is for the benefit of all attending and participating in the wedding. Having been a child guest at a wedding, I can assure you that it's no great adventure for your kids to have to sit still quietly and watch people they don't really know say a bunch of doofy stuff for what seems like hours on end. Children at weddings inevitably get bored, and I think we all know what can happen when children find themselves with a lack of entertainment. To save them the boredom, you the hassle of potential discipline, and guests and participants the distraction of the whole ordeal, (babysitter 1) and (babysitter 2) have graciously agreed to amuse your children at the north playground area during the 30-45 minute ceremony. After that, they will shepherd your flock back to you to enjoy the food and entertainment of the reception. Thank you!
- Please, please, let us know as soon as possible if you are intending to camp so that we might ensure appropriate space for all. We ask, as well, that any campers with extra gear (tents, sleeping bags, zombie repellent) bring whatever they can to share with other guests lacking such things. Karma (and we) will reward you! Please be sure to check out the camping section of this site for instructions.
If you are planning on camping and do not have the appropriate gear (see list above), let me (Bridezilla) know at your first convenience so I might contact those camping-gear-blessed guests with requests.
- As the information packet included in your invitation told you, we're not the type to insist upon gifts. We're just happy you're sharing our day with us. However, if you're feeling generous but stumped about what to give, please consider the following suggestions:
- Make a donation to Animal-Lifeline.com
- Make a donation to Ames' Pity the Kitties
- Our Amazon Gift List
- Something homemade and creative!
- A mix CD
- Stuff for our cats
- Gift certificates for bike/unicycle parts or tools
- A pet insurance policy (in IOU form, to avoid duplicates)
- Moving boxes
- Gift certificates for gas for our move
- A hug or two
- Be creative! We'll love anything given with sincerity and goodwill.
(written by Bridezilla)
- Everyone needs to be in Cedar Falls by Friday, June 2, at 3pm, at which time rehearsal will commence. Dinner will be at 5pm, following the rehearsal. If you're interested in magic spa action, please be in CF by 11am. I'm looking at the
Caribbean Therapy Body Treatment, located towards the bottom of the page. If that doesn't look like your thing, pick something else from their lists of services, be it a body treatment, a facial, manicure, or whatever. The wedding budget will subsidize your adventure with money saved by not doing a bunch of other wedding crap most people do. Hooray!
If you decide to go to the spa, try to plan about ninety minutes so you're not left waiting for me to finish being mauled. Also, let me know soon if you plan on magic spa action so the appointments can be made.
Also, I don't really know what we'll occupy ourselves with while the Groom of Doom and his cohorts set things on fire Friday night. I have emailed you one another's contact information in case you want to discuss things without using me as a go-between. Group email makes every day special!